Drinkstone’s Local History Group meets approximately monthly and has a varied programme of guest speakers, visits to places on interest and sessions of browsing the history archives.
It is also broadly responsible for the inhouse archive (held in the Village Hall) and for supplying material for the online archive.
Contact is Sheila Beswick 01449 737101, email email@example.com
Meetings are Wednesdays at 7.30pm in the Village Hall
- 20th September: The Story of a Suffolk Bevin Boy with Barbara McElroy
- 19th October (Thu): A Visit to the Suffolk Records Office
- 29th November: Edward Fitzgerald and the Felixstowe Connection with Charles Muggleston
- 13th December: The Museum of East Anglian Life with Lisa Harris (Bring a plate of food to share, wine provided)
- January: No meeting
- 21st February: Elmswells Lost Aerodrome with Graham Mack and Peter McGee
- 7th March: Scott’s Polar Expedition of 1910 to 1912 with Ashley Cooper
- 18th April: The Work of the National Trust Archaeologists with Angus Wainwright
- 16th May: After Roman Britain: Who were the Early Anglo Saxons? with Helen Geake
- 13th June: Outing to Bulmer Brick Company (Makers of specialist bricks and tiles)
If you wish to print out a programme, click below for a printable pdf